Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Update!

I am officially through one week of PST (pre service training)!  :) 

I found out I will be learning Oshindonga and am pretty excited about it!  I had my first lesson today and the vowels and stuff are very similar to spanish. 

We learned how to wash laundry and bathe out of a bucket last Saturday, we even had a real demonstration of both! 

We also took part in the Herero commemoration celebration.  It was pretty awesome!  We walked in a parade type walk to the grave sites of the different chiefs and also got to meet a bunch of different people.  :) 

I'd post pictures but unfortunately I am currently on one bar of internet and the pics wont post. Once I go to visit my permanent site in a few weeks I will determine how the internet access will be and whether or not I will buy an internet stick.  Until then, my internet access will be sporadic. 

We move in with our host families tomorrow!  Wish me luck!

Miss and love you all!

2 comments:

Terri Nicks said...

Can't wait for the next installment.

Heidi Thompson said...

Loving the updates!