Monday, August 22, 2011

I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again...

Here I go! I am currently sitting in the JFK airport waiting for my flight to Frankfurt. 
This weekend was a roller coaster of emotions.  Saturday I left my parents from LAX and cried my eyes out.  It was very difficult leaving them and realizing I wouldn't be seeing any of my family or friends for over two years.  Once I arrived in Philadelphia I was still emotional and then I met a few of the others in my group and felt better.  I think knowing that the others in my group are experiencing the same emotions makes me feel like I am ok and am in the right place.  I felt nervous int he airport but now I am still not that nervous. 
Staging yesterday went really well.  We got a brief overview of what is expected of us, the Peace Corps expectations, and what to expect.  Our group has 38 volunteers and only 6 of us are business volunteers, the rest are all education.  We all get along great and I am excited to be starting this journey with them all. 
Thank you for all of your prayers and good wishes, I really appreciate them.  I really feel blessed to have so many people supporting me.  I love you all!  :)

No comments: