Monday, September 12, 2011

Oshii li ngiini?

That means "Hi, how are you?"
I am doing pretty well here in Namibia. 
We are already on week 3 of training!  I feel like I have been in country for 3 months rather then three weeks!

I moved in with my host family and have inherited two little sisters- 4 and 10.  I also have inherited two dogs and four brand new puppies!  :)  They were born Sunday.

The food is still pretty good minus the canned fish/sardines.  Blech! 

I started language training and will be learning Oshindonga.  I love it so far.  I have an awesome language trainer named Meme Vicky.

The people in my group are pretty awesome. 

I have actually had an awesome amount of contact with back home.  I ended up buying an internet stick to use the internet on my computer but it gets kind of pricey.  I am currently taking advantage of a promotion called happy hour.  Its were you pay $10 and you have free internet access from 12am-5am.  It's hard on me but perfect for back at home.  I got to talk to all of my siblings and my parents within the past few days.  My love tank is overflowing!

Sorry for how jumbled this post may seem (It's 2:10am!)  :)  I am pretty sleepy but wanted to update my blog.  I am working on uploading pictures online so people can look at my adventures.  I'll let you all know when I get it all up there.  As for now you can check out the photos on my facebook that people in my group are posting.

It's crazy how I went from having no readers to having quite a few checking me out.  :) 
This is a special shout out to Steven V's dad! Hi!!! :)  Hope you are doing well.  Steven is awesome, you should be proud of him.  :)

Ok.  I am using too many smiley emoticons.  I'm going to take that as a sign that I need sleep.

Hope everyone is doing amazing!  I know we are here in Namibia.  :)
Peace Out!

PS.  I would LOVE to receive some snail mail aka letters

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heading to the post office right now! Love you sis!