Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Music, Munchies, and Melissa!

This past week I made a deal with my parents that I would make dinner every night if they went grocery shopping. When I say grocery shopping I mean not frozen or processed foods.


They did the shopping from the list that I made them and started my amazing cooking yesterday!


Thanks to Kraft kitchens website it makes it a lot easier coming up with ideas.
http://kraftkitchen.com




Yesterday started with a Borrito/Taco Salad bar. I was watching Hannaha and Noah for the night so I got an extra helper in the kitchen. Hannah is a great helper! She and I got the food ready and we all enjoyed it buffet style!





Tonight was more of a treat for my parents and little brother. While I was in Honduras I had the privilege of helping the kitchen staff at our team house make Chicken Empanadas. I talked to one of the girls in the kitchen and after translating as best I could back into English I brought home the recipe. I DID IT! I made Chicken Empanadas tonight and they ALL loved it!

This picture is the leftovers. Although it took me about 3 hours to make them, it was worth it!

Ian told me I should have my own cooking show but cook to music... So we were practicing while singing Banana Pancakes by Jack Johnson. It was pretty funny especially since Ian is 15 1/2 and I am 22 1/2 and we were pretending! By the way, how do you like my title for the show? Music, Muchies, and Melissa!

Tomorrow night I have small group and we all have plans until late so when I told dad I didn't know if I would cook he got all sad, it was pretty funny. I told him there will be food ready for them. I think I might make a cheesy chicken and broccoli bake thanks to Kraftkitchen.com!

2 comments:

Heidi Thompson said...

will you make empanadas for me? I want to try them!

Michelle Kelley said...

are my job tips not helping you?