Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I talked to the cream of the crop!

Okay so since I am home so often I receive 98% of the phone calls on the house phone asking for Mr or Mrs Nicks. Most of which are telemarketers either trying to get us to do a survey or to buys something. I really don't like to talk to them so I have come up with the greatest technique on tricking them so I don't have to talk to them myself. When they ask how old I am I just tell them I am not 18 yet, that I am not an adult or am still in high school

Tonight I did just that and I had the funniest response ever.

It was an older lady, I am guessing from the south and she had an attitude, not the bad kind but she just had that fun edge when she spoke.
Well tonight our conversation went like this:
Lady: Hi may I please speak with Mrs. Nicks?
Me: Sorry but she is not available right now
Lady: Oh, well what about Harold?
Me: He's not either
Lady: Well then, who are you?
Me: Their daughter
Lady: Oh well then I will talk to you, You sound like an adult
Me: Sorry mam but I am not, I'm only 17 (I try not to giggle)
Lady: What? You sound so old, You sound like a grown woman
Me: Nope, sorry! (I am beginning to giggle because its so funny!)
Lady: Okay then, well let me tell you Honey, don't you ever leave your mommy and daddy, stay as long as you can, stay forever! And DON'T have kids!
Me: (I continued to laugh)
Lady: You have a great night sweetie!
Me: Thanks you too!

Hahahaha... I probably do sound my age but I think it is so fun to pretend, especially when you don't wanna answer questions on a survey or you don't want to buy something. This lady was a lot of fun and didn't bug me like the other boring ones do. It just made me smile, then giggle, and then laugh so loud my brother came in and wanted to know what was up. I filled him in and told him he can borrow my trick any day... though he isn't an adult, so maybe not this one just yet.

No comments: